The WIZ Partners committed themselves to making all possible efforts to reduce the project's carbon footprint. This has been carried out by:
- limiting the amount of air travel;
- ensuring that short-range commuting made use of public transport whenever possible;
- adopting management rules that encouraged the use of digital communication and information systems;
- publishing project documents digitally;
- WIZ Partners preferred email and web communications also with key stakeholders.
At the end of three years of implementation (2010-2013) the Carbon Footprint of WIZ has been estimated at 4.43 tons of CO2. According to estimates made by the partners on the basis of a comparison with the eventual use of highest impact transports (cars, planes, etc..), the carbon footprint is about 34% less.
WIZ used the Carbon Footprint Ltd calculator to quantify the amount of greenhouse gases produced by the project's actions.