Ingegnerie Toscane s.r.l. is an associated partner of the WIZ project.
It was founded in 2010 from a merger between two Italian engineering societies: Acque Ingegneria s.r.l. and Publiacqua Ingegneria s.r.l.
It is owned:
- 48% by Acque S.p.A. (which manages the integrated water supply for the area of the Basso Valdarno - Ambito Territoriale Ottimale n. 2)
- 48% by Publiacqua S.p.A. (which manages the integrated water supply for the area of the Medio Valdarno - Ambito Territoriale Ottimale n. 3)
- 3% by Acquedotto del Fiora S.p.A. (which manages the integrated water supply for the area of Ombrone - Ambito Territoriale Ottimale n. 6)
- 1% by Acea S.p.A. (Industrial group managing energy, environment and water services).
The previous activities of the two merging companies are now carried out by Acque Ingegneria s.r.l., the most important of which include:
- integrated water supply management;
- infrastructure and plant design, construction, management, trading, and staff training;
- acquisition, maintenance, implementation and management of the Geografic Information System and SCADA systems;
- engineering services; task programming, design, direction and testing services; contract supervision.
Acque Ingegneria s.r.l., one of the merging companies, is highly specialized in integrated water management, with in-depth experience in water network administration systems and design. From 2006 to 2009, it was an important partner of the A.S.A.P. community Project (Actions for Systemic Aquifer Protection – LIFE06/ENV/IT/000255).